[ntp:questions] Re: NTP system time suddendly stop & keep looping

Brian Utterback Brian.Utterback at Sun.removeme.COM
Wed Aug 13 16:53:07 UTC 2003

Junice wrote:
> Hi,
>     What could be the possible cause of the problem when the system
> time loop between 1 to 2 second as shown below in the while do loop of
> every 1sec
>
> while
> do
> date
> sleep 1
> done
> Tue Aug 12 08:30:14 SGT 2003
> Tue Aug 12 08:30:12 SGT 2003
> Tue Aug 12 08:30:13 SGT 2003

[snip]

>    Could this be the system clock problem , system OS problem, others

Probably a hardware issue. Someone else reported the exact same symptom
last June. I advise you to see my response at that time. Use google and
look up "clock_adj_hist" in the groups tab.

--
blu
Never play poker with those whom you show card tricks and never show card