[ntp:questions] Re: Heap size

Roy roy at suespammers.org
Sun Aug 24 12:45:08 UTC 2003

k_gopalakrishnan at hotmail.com (Gopal) wrote in message news:<f6b5173d.0308221404.3346b5ca at posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> NTP is consuming the heap size of 12M.  I am wondering why ntp is
> consuming so much of memory and is there any way of reducing the
> memory size that it uses.
>
> Thanks.
> Gopal

Hi Gopal,

You may want to review bug #146 on the NTP bugzilla.  It sounds like
it could be related to the issue you are seeing.  I implemented this
enhancement on version 4.1.2 running under OpenBSD and saw a
significant reduction in how much memory ntpd locks.

Enjoy,

roy
--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  Please do
not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to