[ntp:questions] Twiki - who, what where?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Aug 28 14:45:06 UTC 2003

In article <mailman.11.1062077026.1841.questions at ntp.org>, Brad Knowles
wrote:

> At 3:05 AM +0000 2003/08/28, David L. Mills wrote:
>
>>  What a fabulous suggestion! Provide an alternate version of the
>>  twiki pages in flat PDF. Not only does that allow easy download and
>>  paper capture but it also solves my resize problem.
>
> We'll have to see what is feasible. It may be that TWiki can't do
> this, but perhaps we might be able to find an XML->Twiki conversion
> tool that we can use,

It's not just an issue of format conversion. There is the small matter
of merging changes made off-line by Ulrich with changes made on-line by
other TWiki users. Wikis, including TWiki, are intended to be edited by
and and all participants. A Wiki is the wrong tool if you only want one
person to edit the content off-line.

> in addition to an XML->PDF conversion tool, so that we can satisfy
> both goals.

DocBook/SGML to PDF tools are common.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>