[ntp:questions] Re: [ntp: questions] Twiki, answers, faq ?????

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Aug 28 18:05:09 UTC 2003

In article <3F4E31A5.A89E0A93 at udel.edu>, David L. Mills wrote:

> Juan Flores wrote:
>
>> A few days ago I tried to help Greg Blakely with his Trimble device.
>> Noy I´ve read an answer from Harlan Stenn asking ¿me? to add the
>> answers to twiki.ntp.org.
>
> I had misgivings when the twiki was set up here and insisted as a
> condition of support that the Universiy rules on privacy be respected.
> That's why all the grafitti is on the home page. However, I see very
> little utility in the scheme over other traditional means which simply
> publish message archives you can find readily via google. I don't see
> anything to be gained relative to the time and effort mastering the
> learning curve and, frankly, I would be far happier if the Corps spent
> more time improving the core product and less on toolmaking.

*sigh*

None of the "Corps who improve the core products" (i.e. the
hackers/coders)coders were involved in this particular instance of
toolmaking.

I set-up the TWiki. It took a substantial amount of my _volunteer_ time.
The end result is a tool that many of us find to be increadibly useful.

Speaking as a volunteer, I find it to be extremely demoralising
to have my hard work on the TWiki, and other parts of the ntp.org
infrastructure, be continually subjected to ridicule and hostility.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>