[ntp:questions] Re: release NTP version 4.0.99G

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Tue Dec 9 15:21:58 UTC 2003

In article <mailman.6.1070896666.1757.questions at ntp.org>,
	"Choi, dhr. M." <m.choi at lvnl.nl> writes:

> I have several NTP SuSe linux servers running under 4.0.99G version. On the
> Internet I have noticed that version starting 4.0.98M till 4.1.72 are marked
> as unstable. My obvious question is of course why?

"unstable" means it's from the development track. It may or not actually
be "unstable". "unreleased" or "unsupported" would be better terms. All
the versions you mentioned are from the development track. The latest
released versions were 4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.1a, (b, c), and lately 4.2.0.
Next should be 4.2.1.

--
Frederick