[ntp:questions] Re: How to configure CE.Net's SNTP Client?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Thu Dec 11 09:09:29 UTC 2003

"5thWheel" <nospam at nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.12.10.22.43.12.999000 at nospam.demon.co.uk...
> > I suggest you repost this in a Microsoft news group. There is almost
noone
> > in this newsgroup who understands how microsoft has implemented these
things

> Ho-hum, thanks anyway.  I've posted it to various MS CE groups but no
joy
> there either as yet.
>
> > and this has nothing to do the NTP.
>
> Apologies if my post was outside the scope of the group.

5thWheel,

I know it may have sounded like it, but I don't believe Danny was quite
saying that.  NTP is certainly on topic, and I would presume SNTP as well
as it is a subset.  Therefore probelms in SNTP implementation might be as
well.

However, as Microsoft does not use the "official" NTP software as promoted
by ntp.org, there is less expertise available to help people with
problems.  Many people have replaced the Microsoft SNTP implementation
with a port of the "official" software, and were you able to do that for
CE.Net, you might be doing everyone a good turn!!

Cheers,
David