[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Tue Nov 4 18:02:08 UTC 2003

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
<wolfgang+gnus20031104T080139 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> wrote in
message news:x78ymwgko0.fsf at capsicum.wsrcc.com...
[...]
> Another serious problem, at least for me, is the font sizes.  Many
> sections are specified in *pixels* instead points.  That is pretty
> evil.  Folks with 100dpi monitors (or shudder, 133dpi) get boned.  I
> found myself zooming to 120% or 150% just to get readable fonts for
> some of the examples.  (ref:
> http://twiki.ntp.org//pub/TWiki/GnuSkin/twikiblue.css search for
> "font-size" and see all of them that are specified in "px" instead of
> "pt").

Seconded. From the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0:

"3.4 [One SHOULD] Use relative rather than absolute units in markup
     language attribute values and style sheet property values.

     For example, in CSS, use 'em' or percentage lengths rather than
     'pt' or 'cm', which are absolute units."

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink