[ntp:questions] Re: VMS/UCX build?

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Tue Nov 25 07:18:19 UTC 2003

A POSIX shell would probably do the trick.

Have you seen: http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/gcc-vms/mail.txt

I think at least one of the FTP mirrors is still active.

Would http://gnv.sourceforge.net/ help?

Danny Mayer handled the Windows port; I gather at one time it was possible
to use cygwin and run "configure"; nowadays folks simply use the stuff
in ports/winnt/ and use the ntp.dsw thing.  (Near as I can tell).

I have no idea what folks do for the mainframe or if it has even been done.

Is there a chance you could do something with a cross-compile environment?

That's what the vxworks folks do.

The other approach is to start with a Unix box, run configure, and then
edit config.h as needed.  The Makefiles that get generated by "configure"
might be mostly OK.

You may need to create a ports/vms/ subdir that has the stuff needed
to build the code.