[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes to TWiki GettingStarted

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 10 03:48:48 UTC 2003

Dale and troops,

There is an excellent opportunity to export good DHCP ideas via the SNTP
RFC now in Internet Draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-sntp-v4-00.txt. This is
to be the successor to rfc-2030 as amended due to the Netgear incident.
I don't know enough about the details of the DHCP scheme, but it sure
should included in that document. Can you (Dale) or anybody else with
knowledge of the issues post me a proposed section appropriate for
inclusion in the document? I will of course acknowledge the
contribution.

The Netgear incident was intrusive enough that the eventual RFC will no
doubt be stuffed down poor victim's throats (or maybe up the other end)
if somebody does something stupid in future. I suspect DHCP or pool
(which is mentioned in the document) will get wide exposure. I and the
other authors warmly welcome feedback, comments and corrections to the
document.

Dave