[ntp:questions] Re: NTP does not sync when using pool.ntp.org

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder grazdan at fortytwo.ch
Fri Oct 10 16:03:09 UTC 2003

Clinging to sanity, Dale Worley mumbled in his beard:
> Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <grazdan at fortytwo.ch> writes:

>> With currently 90 servers in toto, I don't think this works.
>
> It's not as bad as it looks -- if we list the same 100 servers for all
> three lists, and can get the lists to be handed out at random, there
> is a 97% chance of the three names resolving differently.

Except that I won't list all 100 servers in the zone at any given time. At
32 servers (compiled-in default), bind stops rotating the entries, and at
some other number, I think there will be a switch from UDP to TCP queries.
Bothe I want to avoid. Currently, I have max. 15 servers per name.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Why are you so hard to ignore?