[ntp:questions] Re: w32time help

Paulers paulers at cox.net
Thu Oct 23 03:50:04 UTC 2003

Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> wrote in message news:<bn6jaj$k76$1 at osl016lin.hda.hydro.com>...
> Paulers wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I installed W32time on two nt4 servers. One is the master that
> > communicates to a NTP time source, and the other is a client who
> > contacts the master for time. I have both services running but it is
> > not synching the time. Below is  my w32time.ini on the master and
> > client. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> You'll get a lot more help here if you simply (:-)) install a regular
> NTPD deamon.
>
> However, the MS implementation, even if a lot less than optimal, should
> work (more or less).
>
> Anyway, if you go to http://www.ntp.org/ you'll find all the
> documentation you could want, including links to precompiled binaries of
> ntp for NT.
>
> Terje

Ok I went to ntp.org and Installed the nt port of ntpd and I am having
this issue. I have the file "ntp.conf" located in c:\winnt\ but event
viewer is complaining

getconfig: Couldn't open <C:\WINNT\ntp.conf>

I have tried recycling the service but it still complains every time I
do. I also tried putting it in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc and it
does the same thing. Any suggestions?