[ntp:questions] Re: w32time help

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Thu Oct 23 06:12:19 UTC 2003

Paulers wrote:
> Ok I went to ntp.org and Installed the nt port of ntpd and I am having
> this issue. I have the file "ntp.conf" located in c:\winnt\ but event
> viewer is complaining
>
> getconfig: Couldn't open <C:\WINNT\ntp.conf>

This is a spurious error msg, in that ntpd will very happily read the
ntp.conf file there, it just logs a complaint each time it does so.

Some of us disagree with the decision to include that error log, but it
isn't important.

> I have tried recycling the service but it still complains every time I
> do. I also tried putting it in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc and it
> does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Keeping it in the last directory _only_ should avoid the log entry.

Have you tried to see if it is working?

ntpd -p

Terje

--