[ntp:questions] Re: strange log message: ntpd[320]: process_private: INFO_ERR_FMT: test 8 failed

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder grazdan at fortytwo.ch
Thu Oct 23 16:41:12 UTC 2003

Clinging to sanity, David L. Mills mumbled in his beard:

> Adrian,
>
> This is one of about a dozen sanity checks documented on the ntpq
> program manual page:

Yo again!

The message was cryptic in a way that I thought it wouldn't be documented
except in the code. Anyway, thanks for the explanation & pointer.

Also, thanks for the not so short summary of ntp + security in the other
thread. I'll think about that.

cheers
-- vbi

--
You should avoid hedging, at least that's what I think.