[ntp:questions] Where to obtain audioio.h

Nicholas Suan nsuan at noneiste.net
Sat Sep 6 20:40:11 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am trying to compile ntp-4.1.2 with audio clock support for Linux (Redhat
7.3, 2.4.18-3). However, when I run configure, I get the following error:

checking sun/audioio.h usability... no
checking sun/audioio.h presence... no
checking for sun/audioio.h... no
checking sys/audioio.h usability... no
checking sys/audioio.h presence... no
checking for sys/audioio.h... no

Later on, I get the following

checking if we have support for audio clocks... no

If I insert a copy of audioio.h (found on the internet) into the proper
place, ntpd compiles fine, but when I try to run it it dies and I get the
following error:

Sep  5 20:39:33 tomato modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-
service-0-7
Sep  5 20:39:33 tomato ntpd[1487]: audio: invalid control device
Sep  5 20:39:33 tomato ntpd[1487]: internal error: refclockio structure not
found

I am assuming I do not have the correct copy of audioio.h, where do I find
the correct one?