[ntp:questions] Re: Audio refclock+linux+soundcard = yuck

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Sep 30 21:46:47 UTC 2003

Have you tried the CHU audio driver?  My experience was that if CHU was
putting in a decent signal, I often got better performance from it than
the WWV driver.  Actually, for me, the CHU driver worked while the WWV
driver did not.  The best I ever got from WWV was the date and part of
the time code.  Since the CHU driver samples less often, I suspect it's
less sensitive to buggy drivers or hardware.  My gut feeling is that
sound drivers in Linux were never designed with WWV or any precise
timekeeping in mind, but only playing and recording sounds without
breaking up.