[ntp:questions] Re: Using loopback interface as source address for NTP client

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 22:30:44 UTC 2004

In article <mailman.58.1102494357.54146.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>,
Aravind babu <aravindforn at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>         Can we use loopback interface as source address of NTP client
***        when talking with NTP server ?If yes how can we  configure it?In
***        which configuration file we have to change ?

The literal answer is use "ntpdate -d 127.0.0.1" on the machine running
the server and you will have an NTP client using the loopback address,
as source address.

However, I have to assume that the question was meant to be sensible, in
which case you need to explain why you are trying to do something
apparently silly, so that we can understand what you really want to do.