[ntp:questions] Re: Compilation Problem

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 11:30:46 UTC 2004

Harlan,

> Try the latest ntp-dev tarball. There may have been IPv6 compile issues
> that got fixed there.

That worked much better, thank you.

> You can also try adding --diable-ipv6, but I'm not sure how well that works
> or not.

It didn't make any difference in the stable tarball.

'ntp' now appears to be running on this last machine, but the log has
an entry I don't understand:

   22 Dec 11:14:01 ntpd[30678]: clock LOCAL(1) event 'clk_fault' (0x03)

What does that mean and is it signifcant ?  How soon can I expect the
times to converge - at the moment the rogue is still a minute and a
half or so ahead of the server ?

Jonathan