[ntp:questions] Re: wireless routers beating on NTP servers

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Sun Jan 18 01:57:56 UTC 2004

>Who wants to argue me out of such evil thoughts? Call the FBI to chase
>down the outsource designers and verify their intentions? As in the
>Netgear incident, my recommendation is to prosecute Linksys as knowingly
>creating a theft-of-service attack on public infrastructure. Like
>knowingly selling dynamite to blow up bridges.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
 explained by stupidity."

It might be appropriate to bring this issue up the next time
some Senate committee is looking into the reliability of our
infrastructure.

Or perhaps a reporter.  Wall Street might get upset if the clocks
got confused and/or key parts of the network got overloaded.

Is there a web page collecting these incidents?