[ntp:questions] Re: Clock type 30 invalid?

reg at orion.dwf.com reg at orion.dwf.com
Thu Jan 22 07:04:16 UTC 2004

In article <HP2dndM_h8fx6pHdRVn-jQ at comcast.com>,
 "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:
>The following is cut and pasted from the output of dmesg on my Sun Ultra
>5.  I restarted the ntpd after creating links in /dev as suggested by
>Paul Croome.
>
>Jan 19 07:40:26 sunblok ntpd[7920]: [ID 702911 daemon.error]
>refclock_newpeer: clock type 30 invalid
>Jan 19 07:40:26 sunblok ntpd[7920]: [ID 702911 daemon.error]
>configuration of 127.127.30.0 failed
>
>Why might clock type 30 be invalid?

Because at some time in the past, someone made an incorrect 'fix'
to the code in refclock_oncore.c .

At about line 87 you will see the line

    #if defined(REFCLOCK) && defined(CLOCK_ONCORE) && defined(HAVE_PPSAPI)

Remove the last phrase from this line so it reads

    #if defined(REFCLOCK) && defined(CLOCK_ONCORE)

and try again.  Ill see to it that the fix gets into the code base.

Also, if you are using a M12, you should be getting the code from the BK
repository rather than the last release, there have been fixes.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com