[ntp:questions] Re: NTP strategy for Linux embedded system?

Nick B. nickb333 at despammed.com
Thu Jan 22 12:25:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:38:26 +0000 (UTC), stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
(Harlan Stenn) wrote:

>I suspect the easy way to do it would be to use the stock NTP and use
>the SHM interface to deliver time to the daemon.
>
>I'm not sure how you will discipline the clock, though.

wIf using SHM then why not used one of the radioclkd drivers and
incorporate a cheap DCF77/WWVB/MSF receiver? This would depend on the
location of your device though. I'm approx 30km from the MSF
transmitter and 700 from DCF77, I get useable signals from both.

HTH,
--
To reply by email please include "usenet" in the subject