[ntp:questions] Re: Clock type 30 invalid?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Fri Jan 23 08:29:12 UTC 2004

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Visit www.ntp.org, follow the Download link, and on that page click on
> the "development page" link.  That page says that autoconf 2.53 and
> automake 1.5 are needed; the current truth is that we need 2.58 and 1.8
> (although you can use 1.7 if you edit the top-level Makefile.am).

This requirement should be fixed/downgraded!

I manually edited my makefiles to allow both automake 1.7 and autoconf
2.57, which are the latest versions supported under FreeBSD.

This allowed me to compile everything, so my brand new FreeBSD 5.2 box
is now running off a fresh 'bk pull'.

Since FreeBSD is more or less _the_ canonical ntp platform, we should
try to either keep the build environment compatible with it, or the bk
repositories should be kept up to date with a nightly autoreconf run,
similar to what's in a .tar dump.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>