[ntp:questions] Re: Very basic ntp question

Andrew.Lovett andrew.lovett at yale.edu
Fri Jan 30 21:53:58 UTC 2004

Thank you guys for your suggestions.  I've tried:
server 127.127.1.0 prefer
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10
I've also tried going onto a node with a link to the Internet and using :
server 130.132.1.9 # clock.yale.edu
server 128.59.16.20 # timer.cs.columbia.edu
server 128.118.25.3 # clock.psu.edu
In either case, ntpd always quits without an error message and ntpdate
always quits with the message "no servers can be used, exiting."  Ntpd fails
to report any information even when run in debug mode.  Since I get the same
behavior when there is no ntp.conf file, I'm wondering whether the programs
are simply failing to read the config file.  It's in the default location
(/etc/ntp.conf), so perhaps there's something wrong with the way ntp has
been compiled.  If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate it.
--Andrew

news:slrnc1kki7.gfn.ptrojane at mion.elka.pw.edu.pl...