[ntp:questions] Re: Bought a GPS receiver--What next?

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Tue Nov 2 00:09:49 UTC 2004

Hi Harlan,

At 17:39 11/1/2004, Harlan Stenn wrote:
>Would you please add this info to the oncore configuration page at:

Um, this request is being addressed to whom?

What exactly do you mean by 'this info'?

> http://ntp.isc.org/Support/ConfiguringMotorolaOncoreRefclocks

Yeppers--saw that page.  It's gibberish to me.  It looks like
the shorthand notes for a procedure that someone has executed
at some point.  For someone who hasn't run through this
once before, it's more confusing than helpful.

>or if not, say if it is OK for somebody else to add it?
>
>Also see:
>
> http://ntp.isc.org/Support/ConfiguringMotorolaOncoreRefclocksDev

Well, it looks like there is some controversy whether the
PPS pulse really starts at the 'real' beginning of a
1 second epoch.  It's way above my head at this point.

It looks like I am going to have to patch together a procedure
based on Richard B. Gilbert's reply:
http://tinyurl.com/4atp6

and Art Neilson's page:
http://www.WH7N.net/refclock/clock2.php

Once completed, I'll probably link it off my NTP/FreeBSD page:
http://www.US-Webmasters.com/FreeBSD/Install/NTP/

Thanks for your help!