[ntp:questions] Re: NTP and LAPTOPS ....Careful!

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Nov 29 17:33:30 UTC 2004

"Parker Jones" <zoubidoo at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.23.1101313090.54146.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>...
> >[snip]
> >	It's basically a comedy of errors, starting with trying to run ntpd on a
> >system where the CPU clock speed is not fixed to a given value.

I'm not convinced that this should make a great deal of difference.
ntpd should notice if the clock is off my more than a normal amount
and change the adjtime amount appropriately. Yes, it may be off a
little more than usual when you unplug/plug the power cord but that
should only be for a short time.

Danny