[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd as broadcastclient - not working?

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Tue Oct 5 08:23:43 UTC 2004

At 21:10 9/4/2004, Danny Mayer wrote:
>At 04:59 AM 9/3/2004, W. D. wrote:
>>Well folks,
>>
>>I got it working--sorta.
>
>You message shows that you are not running broadcast.
>
>>This page has to have the date stuff on
>>the left side edited out: http://tinyurl.com/72c69
>>
>>The result is then substituted for /libisc/ifiter_ioctl.c, and
>>then the whole thing is rebuilt.
>
>More properly you could just have used the latest version of the tarball
>that you had.

Which version is that?

The version that downloads when I 'cd /usr/ports/net/ntp'
then 'make install' is this one:
http://ftp6.us.freebsd.org/pub/ntp/ntp4/ntp-4.2.0.tar.gz
(2003 Oct 15 00:17:54 2,514,502 bytes)

This file contains:

/usr/ports/net/ntp/work/ntp-4.2.0/libisc/ifiter_ioctl.c -->
2003 July 26 14:36:22 21,945 bytes

Since this doesn't contain the broadcastclient fix done in 2004 March:
http://tinyurl.com/72c69
http://tinyurl.com/66see
http://tinyurl.com/7yput

...Would I be better off replacing the ifiter_ioctl.c file with this
older version, or download, compile and install the latest dev
version?

http://ftp6.us.freebsd.org/pub/ntp/ntp4/ntp-dev-4.2.0a-20041002.tar.gz
2004 Oct 2 11:14:00 2,447,703 bytes

This version also contains a pre-March ifiter_ioctl.c file:
    ifiter_ioctl.c 2004 Feb 24 23:55:48 23,237 bytes

Are there patches that automatically incorporate these fixes as the
executable is being compiled?  Or, do I need to do this manually
as I am planning to do?

Thank you for helping me understand this.

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/