[ntp:questions] Re: NTP configuration for a two node cluster

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut at wollmersdorfer.at
Tue Oct 5 14:42:00 UTC 2004

Enrique Siepe wrote:

>             I have a two node cluster configured as peer to peer for
> NTP. These Sun/Solaris  machines are NTP servers for a set of clients
> machines. Now is required to synchronize the cluster to the stratum-1
> NTP server of the company network. Does anybody knows which is the
> better configuration  to do this ? Should I keep the peer to peer
> synchronization and add the two nodes as client of the stratum-1 server
> ?

What else? What sort of cluster do you have? Are there special reasons
for a special configuration?

I have a HA-cluster (Heartbeat + DRBD) consisting of two nodes. Each of
the nodes now has its own radioclock-receiver configured to NTP. They
peer and have outside time servers from pool.ntp.org, and one nearby
configured - as fallback.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer