[ntp:questions] Re: Are broadcasts by non-responsive servers used by clients?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Oct 6 00:23:33 UTC 2004

Rod,

You probably won't like this answer. While I have been stuffing little
bells and whistles in NTPv4, others have been working on the I/O. At the
moment, the I/O system may be defective as a broadcast receiver, at
least for IPv4 traditional broadcast. I do know it works as a multicast
receiver. Sorry to drop this on you. I don't know when this will be
fixed, hopefully soon.

Dave