[ntp:questions] Re: What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardware clock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Sat Oct 23 09:49:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:05:16 +0200, Evert Meulie wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> My (public) NTP server current 'leeches' its time from other servers
> higher up the tree. I'd like to get my own hardware unit now.
> The 2 (affordable) options are DCF77 & GPS, right? Who can recommend
> something?
> It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a serial or USB unit...
>
> I'm based in Norway.

You can probably pick up the MSF signal as well. Especially if you are
prepared to make your own antenna. I would recommend my own hardware
as offering an outstanding combination of price and performance, but you
will need to do some construction yourself.

   http://www.buzzard.me.uk/jonathan/radioclock.html

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195