[ntp:questions] Re: What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardware clock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Tue Oct 26 09:10:24 UTC 2004

Hi Ronan,

as I wrote those PZF models are not recommended by us for Norway (and
other locations far away from the DCF77 sender), so it is completely
correct that Novacom offered you an UA509 model instead of a PZF
version. In very few locations "far away" it may be OK to install a PZF,
but generally we would not advise this.

I will send you a detailed reply via mail, as this is getting Off Topic :-)

Kind regards,
Heiko

Ronan Flood wrote:
> Heiko Gerstung <heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de> wrote:
>

>>The few DCF77 based receivers in Norway are PZF models [...]
>

> Oh?  I was under the impression that the PZF receivers only worked
> reasonably close to the transmitter.  We've recently bought a UA509BGT
> through your UK reseller Novacom, but would have preferred e.g. a
> PZF509BGT with an OCXO.  How come the PZF509 manual is only available
> in German on your website, when the UA509 manual is also in English?
> We took that as an indication that the PZF was not an option for us,
> which was confirmed by Novacom.

Meinberg Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.