[ntp:questions] What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardwareclock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Fri Oct 29 18:53:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:06:57 +0000, fm wrote:

> Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at uk.me.buzzard> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:57:16 +0000, fm wrote:
>
>> [SNIP]
>

>>> I dont know of any cheap commercial receivers  but
>>> Bodet is the most reliable reference in the field,
>>> ie :
>>>
>>> http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/01a8cata/urlext/asp/produit/prod/439/rub/6/produit.htm
>>>
>>> The future of the overall system  (ref.  frequency
>>> and time code)  is  currently  under  negociations
>>> between the different actors.
>>>

>> I don't suppose you know of a supplier for this IC to the general public?
>
> You can still check the last 2 contacts given in this page:
>
> http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/10_socie/urlext/asp/Re_rech/rub/10/Re_rech.htm

Well further up on the page they have a contact for Bodet in the United
Kingdom, which at least makes for a starting point. I wonder what the
market is for the equivalent of a MSF/DCF77 receiver board for TDF.

> I think you already found them, but anyway, the specs (in english)
> are here :
>
> http://www.bodet.com/DS_IR017E V1_1.pdf
>
> I'll try to get further info and keep you informed.

Well my French was just about good enough to navigate their site to
find this.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195