[ntp:questions] Re: NTP, Mac OS X & Cisco 837

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Apr 13 18:17:11 UTC 2005

At 3:07 PM +0000 2005-04-13, Steve Kostecke wrote:

>  On 2005-04-13, Brad Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
>
>>  Of course, all of this assumes that you're willing to eliminate
>>  the MacOS X standard way of starting ntpd, and to do it on your own.
>
>  Based on my research you should be able to edit /private/etc/ntp.conf
>  and just allow OSX to start ntpd.

	The problem is that MacOS X keeps re-writing the ntp.conf file.
Trust me, you do not want this.

	See <https://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.4.>.

	My problem so far has been that this re-writing appears to occur
within a binary program of some sort, and not part of a standard
startup script.  The startup script itself is easy enough to modify.
But that's not the worst part.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755