[ntp:questions] Re: NTP, Mac OS X & Cisco 837

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Fri Apr 15 08:31:17 UTC 2005

"viz" <viz at REMOVEBLOCK.pacific.net.au> wrote in message
news:BE85654A.8B4%viz at REMOVEBLOCK.pacific.net.au...
[...]
> I notice that ntpq -p seems to be cached somewhere - if I do the
> queries too close (ie.e within the same session) I get identical
> changed. Any ideas?

The configuration file isn't reread. You can add and remove server
associations through the configuration interface; scripts exist.
This is mostly useful for people with intermittent Internet connections
and/or a changing IP address.

Information about an associated server only changes when it's polled.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink