[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation- why?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Tue Dec 6 12:26:22 UTC 2005

Eugen COCA wrote:
> The version you mentioned - 4.2.0b 1431.
>
> On another system, with win2k prof sp4 it worked ok. I have Zonealarm
> and Bitdefender on my computer - if these interfere in a way with
> ntpd. The 4.2.0a version from Meinberg it's working very well.

On the Windows 2000 computers I menitoned Zone Alarm is running, and must
give NTPD both Access and Server to Trusted and Internet zones.

I haven't checked on Windows 2000 server, but I may be able to do that
after lunch.  I dimly recall there being an issue with Windows systems
having multiple ports, but that doesn't seem to have affected this Windows
XP Pro system (which does have multiple networks cards, and multiple IPs
on the Ethernet NIC).

David