[ntp:questions] Re: First Galileo satellite launched

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Dec 29 00:24:59 UTC 2005

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

> GLONASS and P-code capabilities are available for some high-end
> geodetic receivers. Neither one of us can afford to buy them.

Javad LGG100 with GPS/GLONASS L1 is available from around $4500.
Javad GGD112T with dual freq is available from around $8200.

The GG-16 (GPS/GLONASS L1) should be available for sub $1k.
        http://www.tfac.com.tw/

> says a parameter conversion is not available. I assume Galileo will
> use WG84.

Galileo will use the ITRF. (WGS84 has been converging towards ITRF in
the latest WGS84 revisions) They are now said to be identical down to
the cm level.

> I assume that would make multichannel receivers for GLONASS
> hugely expensive.

It is possible to do GPS or GLONASS in the same receiver channel. See

        http://www.javad.com/index.html?/jns/technology/The%20JNSChip.html

and

        http://www.javad.com/index.html?/jns/technology/GLONASS%20Option.html

--