[ntp:questions] drift/offset

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu Feb 3 08:06:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

If I look at the grap of the drift/offset of my ntp-server, everything
seems to be rather jumpy:
http://keetweej.vanheusden.com/ntp_graph.png

The drift can be explained by a bad crystal on the motherboard, but the
offset puzzles me: that server is connected to a DCF77 receiver! It is
also syncing to some time-servers on the net.
Might it be that I'm doing something wrong?

Folkert van Heusden

Op zoek naar een IT of Finance baan? Mail me voor de mogelijkheden!
|UNIX admin? Then give MultiTail (http://vanheusden.com/multitail/)|
|a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See    |
|http://vanheusden.com/multitail/features.html for a feature list. |
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE