[ntp:questions] problems with ntpdsim

mauro uamlist at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 15:29:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am playing with ntpdsim, I have compiled it and
obtained the executable. I run it as suggested on the
help page (I am using the same conf file etc).

However, I am getting strange results in the log
directory. The simulation is supposed to simulate one
day but in the log directory, I can see several files,
many of them older than the 24hours required.

The filegen (in the log directory) looks a bit strange
too: the entries are not in chronological order (!!)

The log file shows that the server was rejeced by
client (x0xx status code)... which is strange as it is
one of the servers used by my ntpd client

Finally, the ntp.drift file is written once (0.00) and
never updated.

Any idea on where I am going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mauro

PS: I am using ntp-4.2.0a on linux 2.6.20.