David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 4 04:13:40 UTC 2005

Alain,

No, don't use ntpdate at all. Use ntpd -g with the tos maxdist 16 if you
want instant synchronization. There are several combinations of the tos
commmand that could be used to modify behavior, such as the minsane and
minclocks arguments. TO determine what they do you have to understand
the icky algorithms; however, after studying the briefings at the
project page and understanding how the algorithms work, it should be
fairly obvious.

Dave

Dave