Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Fri Feb 4 19:46:07 UTC 2005

In article <ctutfh$4fq$1 at dewey.udel.edu> "David L. Mills"
<mills at udel.edu> writes:

>The code I see in the ntpdate source does an adjtime() for all offsets,
>even large ones. I don't see a settimeofday() or equivalent.

That's just because it calls step_systime() in libntp/systime.c for that
- as it should, of course. Surely you didn't think the -b option was a
no-op and the documentation full of lies... (Well, I'm looking at 4.2.0
and assuming this functionality hasn't been removed in the development
version...)

--Per Hedeland
per at hedeland.org