David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 4 22:41:35 UTC 2005

Per,

Well, I found the step routine call; however, that code has grown so
weedy with intricate evil little OS-dependencies that I find it
unreadable. I haven't touched the ntpdate code since it first appeared
probably fifteen years ago. So far as I can see, if somebody opts out
the step correction, ntpdate can leave a big offset for later ntpd to
chew on.

Dav