[ntp:questions] Server returns 0 as originate timestamp

Dirk Claessens will.bounce at invalid
Sun Feb 6 19:26:53 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently writing a simple Windows SNTP-client.
It works nicely, except for one thing: although I fill in the originate
timestamp field ( T1) , the server always returns all zeroes in this
field in the reply message.
( as a workaround, I now simply store T1 internally , and then use that
value to calculate clock offset and RTT; works perfectly )

I've tried servers all over the world to no avail, so I obviously must
be doing something wrong. I've studied RFC 2030 over and over to no
avail.

Anyone?

--
Dirk.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message;