[ntp:questions] Re: Tinker and tos configuration commands....

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Feb 8 04:18:39 UTC 2005

Brad,

I have the ideal solution to your concerns. A task force on NTPv4
specificaiton is lighting up. As with rfc1305, as the specification
process matures, little changes will no doubt be made to harmonize the
specifiation and implemenation. At that time I/we will address the
open/closed interval issue. Meanwhile, and as a practical matter, the
difference really doesn't matter.

I have nothing against the questions list, but I do get rude messages
when I forget to strike out the questions reply. As you know, and with
due respect, I would prefer all the discussions to take place in the
newsgroup.

The maxdist is very simple. As you know, the dispersion and therefore
the distance comes down as replies are received. When the distance falls
below maxdist, the reply is elegible for selection.

Dave