[ntp:questions] ntpd, boot time, and hot plugging

You have no need to know anjahnoaoed at fl.net.invalid
Tue Feb 8 09:47:04 UTC 2005

Abandoning the right to remain silent, Brad Knowles at Mon, 07 Feb 2005
00:01:37 +0100 said:

> At 9:59 PM +0000 2005-02-06, Per Hedeland wrote:
>
>>  I'm writing "wrong" intentionally, because closer examination reveals
>>  that this isn't the real problem (in this case at least) - it turns out
>>  that *all* messages coming from the mailing list have Message-IDs of the
>>  <mailman...questions at lists.ntp.isc.org> form.
>
> 	This is not a bug, nor is this "wrong".  This is an intentional
> design choice on the part of the Mailman developers, in order to
> avoid certain issues that crop up in the process of doing
> mail-to-news gatewaying.  See
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041907.html>.
>
>>  Sorry, but there hasn't been any advances in that technology - mostly
>>  because trn more than a decade ago pushed it to the very edge of what is
>>  possible. Recent newsreaders are generally inferior in that respect
>>  (unless you consider unconditionally hiding the brokenness of the
>>  threads as a feature).
>
> 	Right, so lets define trn as the One True Source Of All Possible
> Perfection, and anything that doesn't work the precise exact same way
> is Obviously Broken -- for All Eternity.
>
> 	Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  I think we've heard this refrain before.

Would you two guys like to take this slanging match elsewhere? It is not
advancing the discussion of "ntpd, boot time, and hot plugging" one iota.

Both of you usually have something to say that is worth considering, even
if wrong. ;-) This behaviour is going to get you plonked.

--
Avoid reality at all costs.
$email =~ s/n(.)a(.)n(.)a(.)e(.+)invalid/$1$2$3$4$5au/;