[ntp:questions] Re: ACTS - too many recvbufs allocated (40) (Correct the Version of ntp-dev)

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:40:13 UTC 2005

cipo <cseplo_l at netlock.net> wrote:

> >> If C0 patch applied, this not happens.
> >> I don't now the correct solution yet.
>
> > Sounds like a hangup.  Do you have anything connected to the DSR line
> > of the serial port?
>
> To the serial port is connected only a "normal" serial 56k modem,
> which works fine with original ntpd and US time services.

Could be a difference in behaviour of the modems at the other end,
US vs Europe?

Try commenting out this code in ntp_refclock.c/refclock_open()
in two places, under #ifdef HAVE_TERMIOS and #ifdef HAVE_SYSV_TTYS

        if (ltemp & TIOCM_DSR)
                ttyp->c_cflag &= ~CLOCAL;

or try adding something like

#ifdef TIOCSSOFTCAR
	{
		int one = 1;
		ioctl(fd, TIOCSSOFTCAR, &one);
	}
#endif

in an appropriate place, to set soft carrier.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for