[ntp:questions] Re: Does NTP model clock skew?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Feb 13 00:54:11 UTC 2005

Affan,

You have stirred a nest of spiders. See the briefings and white papers
at the NTP project page linked from www.ntp.org. There are a number of
journal articles and reports about the characterization of computer
clocks with measured and simulated statistics. The current NTP software
distribution includes a simulator with synthetic noise generators for
phase and frequency and which have been validated with in-vivo network
measurements.

Dave