[ntp:questions] Re: Is ntp really what I need?

Paul Hilton paul_hilton at somedomain.com
Mon Feb 14 19:43:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:04:06 +0000, Bjorn Gabrielsson wrote:
> Try to reconfigure your kernel to run HZ at 100 instead of 1000 that
> has been popular lately.
>
> br,
>         Björn

It seems that I would have to recompile the kernel to achieve this, and
that is a bit of a pain when I update it using SuSE's online update. I
already have to rebuild another system every time for some special kernel
modules, and that definitely disinclines me to have to do it on this one.

I understand that kernel 2.6.x may be better in this respect, and at some
point I may change my desktop system, and it MAY get better. For the
moment I think I'll just do an hourly ntpd -q, and stop running the
daemon.

Thanks for the reply,

Paul Hilton