[ntp:questions] Re: ACTS - too many recvbufs allocated (40) (Correct the Version of ntp-dev)

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 13:48:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:54:24 -0500, Danny Mayer <mayer at gis.net> wrote:

> It turns out that this is in a tight double loop and never gets out.
> I removed the two loops and things start to work again. The goto's
> shouldn't be there at all for a select that still has fd's to check.
> I'm still working on this.

Without the "while (0 < (n = select(..." loop, do you run into trouble
with non-queueing signals?  For example if two network packets arrive
near simultaneously for the same socket, is SIGIO/SIGPOLL raised only
once?  If so, only one would be read if you don't re-do the select.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for