[ntp:questions] ntpd, boot time, and hot plugging

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Feb 16 04:19:07 UTC 2005

Harlan,

Can you show the evidence? It was fixed in January 2004 and verified at
the time by setting the time in Solaris to 1970 and then 2036. There was
a problem in Solaris setting the time more than four years in future, so
far not resolved, but that was not a ntpd problem. I didn't confirm on
other systems. Be sure it is not a startup issue. I checked to be sure
the code was still there; it is.

I just set the FreeBSD clock to 0000 1 January 1970, started ntpd and it
returned to this day and century with no problem.

Dave