[ntp:questions] Re: ACTS - too many recvbufs allocated (40) (Correct the Version of ntp-dev)

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Wed Feb 16 22:04:35 UTC 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Comments on ntp-dev-4.2.0a-20050215:

Please grab the ntp-dev-4.2.0a-20050216 version which has important
fixes in it for the refclocks. Change MAXZEROREADS (in input_handler())
to 1. According to Dave this is sufficient.

> 1. Compile error on linux: ntpd.c/762/gr->pw_gid -> gr->gr_gid

Hmm, that shouldn't have been a problem. The fix came from one of
the SUSE Linux development people. I'll try and look into it.

> 2. In refclock_acts.c SMAX is again 80, immediately segfault after
> first  received packet from EU TDS. SMAX=128...256

This was accidental and should be 256. It's been refixed.

> After this patch EU TDS works fine with external serial modem. Thank
> you!

Great.

Danny