[ntp:questions] Re: Known asymmetry (DSL) compensation

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Feb 17 02:12:45 UTC 2005

At 12:41 PM 2/15/2005, John Pettitt wrote:
>So a I renew my question is there somebody on the list who is willing to
>have an off list conversation about ntp internals to get me up to speed
>on what I need to do (I spent 5 years writing unix device drivers and
>another 5 writing fraud detection software - I'm up to the programming
>but would rather not have to deconstruct the ntpd source to figure out
>what it's doing).

We'd love any contribution you could make. We don't have enough
people with those kinds of skillsets (particularly fraud detection - just
kidding!).

I think you are going to need to look at the ntpd/ntp_loopfilter.c
for that as well as dave documents on his web site for what he
does in those areas. Personally, I'd rather stay away in case
I break something.

Danny