[ntp:questions] Config file server flag

Greg Dowd GDowd at symmetricom.com
Mon Feb 21 19:19:30 UTC 2005

Is there a flag I can add to a server entry in ntp.conf to tell ntpd to
never select this clock?

I'm trying to test the ACTS refclock driver with
server 127.127.18.3 prefer  minpoll 7 maxpoll 17 # ACTS
server 192.168.19.x                                          # Stratum 1
GPS server

I'm logging stats so I can analyze ACTS performance but I'm getting
hammered because ntpd keeps toggling back and forth between the two
which sets the refclock driver back to minpoll.  Evidently, my local GPS
is just too stable.

Greg Dowd
gdowd at symmetricom dot com (antispam format)
Technologist, TT&M Div.
Symmetricom, Inc.
www.symmetricom.com